June 15, 2020 To Your Good Health!
Several updates to the April 7th Announcement (below) have been made. For the latest policies, please click on the Telehealth Link.
April 7, 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT DUE TO CORONA VIRUS NATIONAL SAFETY MANDATE
Dear Valued Client ,
I trust that you and your family are well. In this trying time in our world, we seek to provide services in a safe and secure way. I encourage each one of you to tap into your strengths and use all available resources to support yourself and those around you. This, too, shall pass!
Office Closure and Rescheduling of Appointments via Telephone (Text 503.956.5144, for scheduling use only): Through 4/19/20
How to schedule a Telehealth Session:
Face-to-face therapy is most effective, yet when circumstances prohibit, an online session for clients in Texas and/or Oregon can be arranged at this critical time through these platforms:
1. Telephone Talk: 512.356.9238. (Please text (for scheduling purposes only: 503.956.5144)
2. Zoom Video (We purchased but have had quality issues with doxy.me and Vsee video.)
3. FaceTime and Facebook Messenger (less secure, but ethically permitted at this time.)
Clients should phone Susan (or text 503.956.5144) to arrange a time and platform that best meets your needs. Your preference is our first choice.
If you choose doxy.com, which requires a quick software download but no signup, please send your email address of choice and you will receive an email inviting you to the above waiting room.
1. Current Clients: call for appointment hour. Try out the platform you will use, ensuring your camera and microphone are on. Also, choose a safe, quiet and secure location at which to meet, alone, with no one within listening or viewing range; required by law.
2. New Clients: After completing the above step, Click on the link "Helpful Forms," above, and fill in the "Policies and Intake" form. Save to your Desktop, then email the completed form to Susan at: [email protected]
If preferred, you may print, fill in, scan and fax the form to: 512.233.1021...or email to: [email protected]
Please ensure insurance information is verified and legible. A copy of your insurance card is preferred. Thank you!
3. At the appointment hour, or within ten minutes of it, enter this link in your browser to access the waiting room, notifying Susan of your arrival (or click on link in my email invitation if you have requested one.)
4. You will receive a Paypal invoice for your session copay, or request another venue, if preferred. Please advise of any new or changed insurance information. Thanks.
For additional tips to stay healthy, please see this link from the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
This is a challenging time, but the health and safety of the entire community remains a central focus.
April, 2018: COUPLESTALKTOOLS Debuts!
Some of our most popular communication tools have been made available for your use. These twelve files, created from conversations with couples and families in twenty-plus years of practice, have helped hundreds express themselves more clearly and less reactively. Be sure to read the descriptions of each; they'll explain their practical application to your daily life and social interactions.
Location and Hours
The growing jewel city of Austin, Texas, is gorgeous, yet not without its challenges getting around in traffic. Susan's
North/Central location at Wind River Office Park, Hwy.183 and Duval/Angus Rd. sits right between The Arboretum and The Domain malls, just off Research Boulevard. Ample free parking is provided.
Evening hours seek to accommodate client needs, as well. Check out the map link and hours from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday--then call with any questions (512.356.9238) you may have. We look forward to meeting you soon!
And Baby Makes Three is the book for you if your relationship has been wonderfully (and crazily) altered by the arrival of a little one in the crib. Take twenty minutes a night to connect around the on-target chats after each chapter in John Gottman's great book and start to enjoy the adventure of parenting together, cooperatively, rather than competitively!
The 7-Tool Tune-up Booklet is now available! A 14-page collection of some of the best couples' communication tools we use in therapy are available in a .pdf or power point online download for 7, or will be provided in printed format at the third session to couples currently in therapy.